Saturday, April 19, 2014

God is for you

The other day in conversation the topic came up about using discipline to teach our children that they are sinful and need to repent. And I get it. I do. We don't want our children to think that wrong things are "just mistakes" or have no eternal or spiritual consequences.

But, I think it is the wrong way to go about teaching our children about God. Not that I am against using the word sin with children. But I would much rather teach them how much God loves them. Sitting around the table in conversation I said, "I have never met a person in church that did not believe in sin or that they were sinful. But I have met many who do not really believe that God loves them."

The truth of that statement surprised me.

But it is so true. We do not actually live in the reality of God's eternal love. We see it in the focus of sermons and songs. We see it in the lack of community inside our churches. We see it in how hard it is for Christians to ask for help from other Christians or struggle through life.

One of the blogs I was introduced to recently summed this up so well. What if we lived like people were for us? Check our Stephanie's blog here.

So, here I am to tell you God is for you. In fact, that is a better translation of Romans 8:28. God is always working for you. If you show up to life with God, you belong.

Meditation verse: "Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will hardship? Or distress? Or persecution? Or famine? Or nakedness? Or peril? Or sword?

NO

in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:35&37

Don't forget the prayer of release.

Did you meditate last week? Let me know how it is going.

Lastly, Christ is Risen!

No comments: